. . . .

Mackerel Uni-Pack Sardines

I have already tasted the green labeled sardines but this "Mackerel Uni-Pack" sardines seems to be a new one to me which seem to offer a different flavor as compared to the other traditional sardines.

It says on the label, "Easy Open" which is true. Just flip the small piece of metal part on the top of the canned sardines then pull it out. This will open the canned good with ease unlike the old traditional green labeled sardines where you need to use a "Can Opener". Sometimes, my mother even use knife which is very dangerous if you do not know how to do it properly. I actually did tried once before and I nearly cut one of my finger.

Other than the Easy Open feature of this canned good is the label that says, "Imported Mackerel". So this means that the sardines contained inside is not from the Philippines. However, I don't trust this product's claim because if this is the case then this canned sardines will probably be quite expensive for our pockets.

Mackerel Uni-Pack Sardines

The other labels includes Omega 3 (a content which is good for the heart) and Natural Oil.

The Tastes

The first time that I tasted this Mackerel Uni-Pack Sardines, there is no difference from the other traditional green labeled canned sardines. The taste is just exactly the same. So there is really nothing interesting about the taste but that is only based on how I tasted it with my own tongue.

My mom and my sister often mix it on "Pancit Bihon" that they cook which seem to be a good extra added ingredient. Aside from the Pancit Bihon, my mom and my sister also often mix this mackerel on vegetables which seems to be a good combination.

Overall, Mackerel Uni-Pack Sardines is currently the most popular brand of mackerel sardines in the Philippines. Many individuals are actually claiming that this is the best mackerel canned goods in the market today.

No comments:

Post a Comment